Revenue for shared spaces & projects
- lots of models out there
- Single plans, multiple plans
- Day pass
- 5 day
- Fixed desks vs Flexible Desks
- Yearly / monthly plans
- Different levels for membership type
- Business / Orgs
- Not "renting" tools
- Harder to make money per se but good for attracting new members
Teaching Classes & Workshops
- A little different than events, more opportunity for revenue if done right
- Some spaces have pulled this off.
- Members still pay for membership but sponsorships can help offset some costs
- printing, coffee, snacks, etc
- charging for conference rooms, by hour, day, etc.
- Member and non-member rates
- 3d printing, design services
Your expenses are a big driving factor in what and how you should charge
- Rent & Utilities / Cleaning
- Staffing costs
- Upfront costs of equipment and furniture: projectors, tvs, desks
- Lots of small costs that add up quickly: coffee, events, do you offer snacks, etc
Keep in mind the culture as well
- We don't want our members to feel like there are parts of the space that "cost extra" or aren't "theirs"
- It's not a good feeling to be on the clock or to get "nickeled and dimed" for every additional service
- For high traffic spaces, it can make sense to charge for conference rooms. Say if you have a lot of repeat visitors from out of town, etc.